Tuesday 31 March 2015

My March Highlights In Pictures


Here are some picture highlights of my March (starting from the top left)

  1. B and I (keeping up with tradition) went to feed the ducks regularly this month because we are not complete monsters, we wont deny the ducks their dinner!  Also it was exam month and the ducks do soothe me so ultimately the ducks featured greatly in my March!
  2. We also began taking regular walks. During one of our strolls B climbed, and briefly got stuck, up a tree.  Her failed attempt to be a little bit more Katniss Everdeen made me laugh a lot and it is these random impulsive acts that keep out walks fun and interesting.
  3. We went mouse hunting in the flat, we thought of many elaborate schemes but in the end rather than seeing any of them through we went to Nandos instead.  It was at Nandos we decided to enlist the help of Nacho and Harvey my cats however they have a whole post dedicated to their visit so I'll move on 
  4. I went home this month to visit my family and pets, I watched movies, ate real people food and hugged my dog like I've never hugged him before. And regarding Riley, I've never spoken of him until now.  Not to anyone.  Not even your grandfather! A woman's heart is a deep ocean of secrets.  But now you know there was a dog named Riley and that he saved me in every way a person can be saved.
  5. I had my last university lectures of third year in March also.  We had a lot of fun snacks including chocolate name tags.  
  6. And as I mentioned, it was exam week in march so there was a whole lot of studying going on!  That was not fun but being able to share the studying misery with my friends made it a little more tolerable!
  7. And as most of you know, there was an eclipse this month - again a whole blog post was dedicated to it but to summarise I woke up at 6.30am still drunk and got to my eclipse viewing location with B at around 8am which was an hour too early.  B and I made our way home but ran into S and J on the way and decided to watch the eclipse with them and to be honest I should have stayed in bed.  The whole thing happened behind clouds and it was not at all like the 1999 Recess eclipse episode suggested it would be.  However it was nice to share this experience with J because she moved out this month, I felt like Troy when Gabriela was leaving to go her own way.
  8. L and I went for a B and S night out on the town for the first time in forever, there was magic and fun and unfortunately I was noticed by someone.  However, it all worked out in the end.  We sang, we danced, we ate pizza... all good things, all good things!  And then when we got home we proceeded to cook up a storm in the kitchen - considering we didnt actually turn the oven on it wasn't exactly cooking up a storm.  And the next day we basked in the wonderful feeling of having no exams and we ordered domino's.  The best domino's I've ever had!
  9. Finally, the chalk board is still going strong!  Fun messages for one and all, this week it has featured a fun saying we devised in the flat - *everyone puts their hands in, "Never forget the toppings on your pizza!" *state your favourite pizza toppings while raising your hand up into the hair.  This saying may have been slightly inspired by the Taylor Swift and co. saying "never forget the essence of your spark" #NoShade
So there you have it.  Exams, alcohol, and an enchanted forest, abundant in squirrels and cute little duckies (that ones especially for you B) And most notably the departure of one of our favourite friends J - shine on J, shine on!

Until next time
xoxo
Queen G

Oh and happy April fools day! May the odds be ever in your favour, they certainly aren't in L's!

2 comments:

  1. Lots of fun as always G. Your adventures never cease to bring a tear to my eye and warmth to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were present for most which is why they have been so much fun!

      Delete