Monday 30 March 2015

Things I've Learned From My Favourite Movies

One thing you should probably know about me is that I absolutely love film and TV!  And anyone who knows me at all knows that I have a tendency to say that any film that I remotely like is my favourite!  Fun fact, my very favourite film ever is Titanic closely followed by Forrest Gump.  After these I have a small flurry of films that I would class as legit favourites - some of which include The Great Gatsby, Breakfast At Tiffany's, Clueless, Gone With The Wind and for course the 2011 cult classic  The Roommate. And then there are the favourites which are really just films I like and would probably watch several times - fun fact, I love re-watching the same films over and over again. 

Anyway, here is a short list of some of the things that my favourite films have taught me.

Titanic (1997)


Forever my fave movie couple

Rose taught me to think for myself and that no matter how sassy classy you are, deep down everyone wants to be drawn like a French girl.
Jack taught me that you can achieve anything that you put your mind to (except surviving the icy cold waters that hit you like a thousand knifes stabbing you all over your body - which to be fair would have probably been the most useful thing to be able to achieve).
And overall the film taught me that the heart does go on... and to never trust old ladies because the chances are they probably had the heart of the ocean in their pocket all along.

Forrest Gump (1994)
Bubba's impressive knowledge of shrimp

Forrest Gump taught me, once again, that no matter who you are or where you're from you can achieve anything you put your mind to (I'm sensing a theme here).  Forrest taught me that its okay to stop running when you get kinda tired, that you should treasure your best good friends because they aren't something that you can find just around the corner and that there is an infinitive amount of things you can do with Shrimp - boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it...

Clueless (1995)
"Ew get off of me!"

Clueless proved that all the best things to come out of the world happened in 1995.  Clueless taught me that everyone needs their own catch phrase, calling someone a Monet is probably one of the best insults ever and that it does not say RSVP on the state of liberty!



Breakfast At Tiffany's (1961)
Poor Cat! Poor slob! Poor slob without a name

This film taught me that some cat actors are better than people actors.  It reiterated the fact that Tiffany's is indeed far nicer than the library. It also introduced me to the song Moon River - a life changing song perfect for any situation.  

The Roommate (2011)
#RoommateGoalsSince2K11

Ahhh The Roommate, what a fine specimen of a film!  This movie answered the age old question: How many CW actors can you fit into one feature length film?  The answer is a lot.  The Roommate taught me that borrowing your friends clothes is A-OK but getting their deceased sister's name tattooed onto your chest is not - thanks for clearing that one up, I was never quite sure where people stood with that one.  it taught me to never trust someone if you are their only Facebook friend, that Billy Zane's career must have hit a low point during this time period (One minute you're playing Cal in Titanic and the next minute you're here, how did you get here Billy? And why, why Billy why!?)  Finally it taught me that I'll watch pretty much anything with Leighton Meester in it...

The Oranges (2011)
Giving Hugh the flirty eyes

This movie taught me that there is something extremely attractive about Hugh Laurie, it introduced me to the wonder that is Adam Brody and finally refer to the final lesson I learned from The Roommate.



The Life Of Pi (2012)
Magnificent

Whale, whale! Look at it!!! Yes whale!








Frozen (2013)
She does Anna just not with you!

Frozen taught me that princesses are irrelevant and everyone wants to be a queen now, it taught me that big sisters are kind of dicks - I mean all Anna wanted was to build a snowman with Elsa and Elsa continuously denied her and then when Elsa left the castle wanna guess what one of the first things she did was?  She built a snowman! Soz Anna #Rejection.


So there you have it.  Each one a masterpiece in it's own right, each one a solid 10/10 and each one also an educational journey!
Until next time
xoxo
Queen G

5 comments:

  1. while all certainly embody the Queen G spirit, I still fail to see why life of Pi was anything other than a waste of everyone's time. kisses B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because where else can people watch a tiger sail the seven seas for a solid hour (this time is an estimate) and watch a bunch of fish jump out of the water? and did you see that whale!!?

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Life of Pi and Frozen are great movies!! Nice post Gemma!!

    nikitapalei.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these movies and I found this post VERY entertaining! Good job Gemma!

    Jess
    http://springbaby06.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete