Monday 16 March 2015

Queen G's Australian Adventure.

During the 2013th year after Christs death there were whispers in the wind hinting at a winter getaway to the land down under.  As the year progressed I had slowly lost hope that this trip would actually happen, similarly to the way that Charlie felt when he disappointingly lost hope of ever winning a golden ticket.  However, as it would turn out my life continued to mirror Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory when just like Charlie I too got my ticket, except mines wasn't golden and it cost me over £1000.   The week beginning December 16th started out treacherously when i had to complete 4 13 hour shifts in a row at my placement, I was going mad with sleep deprivation and I'm pretty sure I couldn't even tell you my own name.  Was I Queen G, was a lost little pig called Babe trying to find my way in a big city? who knew?  As my last shift drew to a close I skipped all the way home, scooped up my cats and took them to the cattery (it took all of my inner strength to leave Harvey, his eyes pierced my soul questioning why? why was I leaving him?  I said a heart felt goodbye to Harv and I think I probably gave Nacho an acknowledging nod and then I left).  Next thing I knew it was the wee hours of the next morning and we were leaving for the airport.  Australia here we come.

A brutal 24ish hours/Two flights/several disgusting airplane meals later 

We finally arrived at Perth International Airport (our suitcases on the other hand did not but hey whatcha gonna do?)  My mother picked us (us being my dad and I) up and drove us to my uncles house.  I borrowed my mothers bikini and I got in that pool and lapped up that vitamin D liked I'd never lapped up anything before! 
So happy to be in the sunshine!
Before I knew it my suite case had arrived and the holiday was in full swing.  The first fun activity I partook in was snorkeling with wild dolphins which was both the most amazing and most terrifying thing I've ever done - you see I watched Jaws at a very young age and now I have an irrational fear of sharks.  The dolphins were celestial and a lot of fun!


Still cute though




So close to the dolphins













Then it was Christmas which for the first time ever comprised of sunshine and BBQ.  There was no time for a moments rest though, sleep is for the weak (or as my mother would say "you can sleep when you're dead #WiseWordsFromMamaBear).  Next it was surfing lessons, I'm 99% sure I gave myself brain damage when the board came down and smashed my head!  And when I couldn't pick up surfing at first my instructor was mean to me which resulted in a classic G huff where I came out of the sea and sat on the beach crying #BlameTheJetLag.  Ultimately I sat on the beach envisioning the surf instructor being devoured by a shark and then I poured myself a drink, put on some lipstick and pulled myself together.  When I went back into the water with my surfboard a random surfer gave me some top tips for mastering the basics - shout out to her for being a top notch human being, and then by the end of my lesson I managed to stand up!!
It was a lot of fun
Surfing lessons


















After going home and showering and grabbing a bite to eat we made our way into Perth for the boxing day sales and I treated myself to a Swarovski bracelet.  My poor father had to wander around the shops with me for hours on end before finally we stopped for a bite to eat and a drink.  
Showing of my new purchase not so subtly 
My uncle also treated us to VIP tickets to see Cavalia which was a lot of fun, the show was amazing and I briefly considered giving up on university to become a full time horse riding gymnast before I quickly realised that I aint about that life. There was a lot of delish food in the VIP area and we got to meet the horses after the show #StarTreatment.  My fave was a horse that looked like my old pony - The late Surprise.  
Pre show
With my mother and the ponies

Chillin in the sun in Mandurah
 A few days of lazing around the pool gave us time to recoup from our busy schedules, in this time we also visited Mandurah and  Fremantle.  Fremantle was so cool, we went on a prison tour and had some drinks in a bar.  Mandurah was so pretty!! We stopped for lunch and then found a sort of carnival thing with rides as well which was awesome, Gillian and I went on the waltzers and belly laughed which I personally think is one of the best feelings ever!


Recreating my fave movie Titanic


Carousel in Mandurah 




The next part was our road trip, refer to Australia part 2 to hear all about it!

(Part 2 coming soon)

2 comments:

  1. Where would one apply to become a horse riding gymnast, it sounds like a career where I would emerge a jubilant star. Love the post and all the fun photos I'm thinking you should move Down Under ASAP. TTYL

    ReplyDelete
  2. At horse riding gymnast school of course, there's a special camp for it too but it's super exclusive! I think you should come with me!! xoxo Queen G

    ReplyDelete