Tuesday 9 August 2016

60 Thoughts I Had While Watching Equestrian Cross Country At Rio 2016


  1. Equestrian is on tomorrow, yassss
  2. Wait it's not dressage is it
  3. Dressage is pretty and super hard work but I've just never found it to be a riveting watch 
  4. It's cross country yasssss
  5. *Cue 2pm British time the next day*
  6. Here we goooooo 
  7. Canada up first 
  8. If I was Canadian I would have named my horse Robin Sparkles
  9. #ComeOnJessica
  10. #ComeOnTori
  11. #Let'sGoToTheOlympicsYouWontBeSorry
  12. Anyway
  13. She's taking the long routes round this course which as the first rider I think is pretty sensible
  14. British commentators are judging her 
  15. but slow and stead wins the race
  16. I mean not for her, she's going to lose
  17. But that's what they say isn't it
  18. Next guy up is dominating
  19. French innit
  20. As the French say he is going to be Le Winner
  21. Okay so all these horses are beautiful
  22. And each one is probably worth more than my life savings
  23. But my life savings are currently like £400 or something so that isn't saying much
  24. They are worth more than the average persons life savings
  25. First man down
  26. The first thing I thought when they fell was 'how exciting'
  27. Then 'hope the horse is okay'
  28. Oh it's okay great
  29. Riders fine too
  30. This is why I love cross country
  31. Wait did I just get a little too excited to see an Olympic athlete tumble from their horse
  32. Am I a bad person?
  33. Does the fact I want to rewind that so I can record it for snapchat make me an even worse person?
  34. ...
  35. Ah I'm going to rewind it and record it anyway
  36. Show all those people who think horse riding is easy that they don't know shit
  37. More horses jumping
  38. Another couple of falls
  39. The commentators just referred to the cross country being full of drama
  40. #dramallama
  41. Here comes a chestnut
  42. this should be good
  43. Chestnuts are crazy
  44. Is it racist to judge a horse by its colour
  45. #horsebigot
  46. Hope it's not a mare
  47. Mares are also crazy
  48. Chestnut + mare = brave or crazy rider
  49. Judgey Gem
  50. Commentators just referenced the ponyclub games
  51. Why cant the ponyclub games be an Olympic sport
  52. I always wanted to compete in the pony club games
  53. #memories
  54. #allaloneinthemoonlight
  55. #cats
  56. #jelliclecats
  57. #PrincessCarolynn
  58. #BojackHorseman
  59. #I'vebeenwatchingthecrosscountryfordays
  60. #BacktoNetflixForMe
So there you have it.  60 completely irrelevant thoughts about yesterday's Equestrian Cross Country Event from someone with really very minimal-no knowledge about the ins and outs of Olympic level equestrian events.  

I hope everyone is enjoying the Olympics as much as I am and I hope everyone has acknowledged how amazing and beautiful these horses are.

The moral of the story is there's really no point in getting back on the horse... you're already disqualified.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I love the bojack reference so relevant hahaha and also no judgement for he blood thirsty way you watched this haha

    ReplyDelete