Tuesday 17 March 2015

The Australian Adventure Part 2

So I decided to split the Australia post up into 2 parts because you know what they say about too much fun, it's not good for the old heart!  But i'm back now with part 2 of my Aussie adventure - fun fact: this part of the trip includes road trips, emus and even more dolphins.  
Classic writing in the sand pic
After Christmas my family and I packed up some things and headed out on the road - half of us in my uncles car and the other half in a hired car.  Myself, my sister and my dad took the hired car and I had full control on the music which was heavenly since I had made a road trip playlist - fundamentals are the building blocks of fun after all.  We were on our way to Monkey Mia which was over 10 hours away in the car, we were stopping half way at a motel in order to split the driving up a bit and I was filled with excitement! I love being in the car, I cant drive yet and so I get to put up my feet, close my eyes and just enjoy the music - I feel like a modern Miss Daisy.  When we arrived at our first destination we went straight for a walk to stretch those leg muscles and for food because food is my favourite part of the day.  Then when we got back to the motel my sister and I proceeded to make a million movie trailers on an app on our Ipads - they were cinematic masterpieces on par with the likes of The Theory Of Everything and Les Mis.  

Riding shotgun
The next day we set out on the open road again listening yo short burst of songs - slow and yet uplifting songs at first to welcome us into the day and then gradually building up to upbeat booty shakers #ProfeshDJOverHere.  Then we made some pit stops at Shell Beach and other fun locations.  Fun Fact:  There is a huge amount of random wild goats wandering around the outback - like there was so sign of civilization for like 2 hours and then we passed a herd of goats!?!?!  Finally we arrived at the celestial, radiant, heaven on earth that is Monkey Mia!  The first thing I noticed about Monkey Mia was all of the emus that wandered around - it was crayyy.  There was no time to waste, I wanted to soak up all of the magic from this place just for myself.  I changed into a bikini, grabbed my snorkel mask and charged to the beach full speed ahead.  My sister and I took to the water and then a wondrous thing happened, the dolphins accepted me as one of their own and they swam among us! 
Emu
Shell Beach

Dolphin
That night was New Years Eve and we spent it partly watching the Sydney New Years shenanigans and party in the hotel bar - There was a live musical act that weren't really talented at all and I got a strong vibe of sexual tension from them even though they were old and wearing matching Hawaiian shorts and shirts but they were a lot of fun.  We danced a bit then we headed to the beach to dip our feet in the ocean for the first time in 2014 and to dance around in the sand then we went to bed.  

Our alarms woke us early the next morning so that we could watch the first dolphin feeding of the new year, I just loved all of the dolphin activities because they are most definitively the greatest of all God's creatures.  Then we headed out to see some sights such as Eagle's Bluff - where we spotted a shark in the ocean and a sort of Aquarium/Marine conservation place - where we watched the shark feeding.  After this we went for dinner then back to the hotel.  On our final day we went for a walk and a swim before heading on a sunset boat ride and then an early bed to prepare us of the 10 hour trip back to Perth.

Romantic sunset boat ride
"I survived the shark feeding" sticker


On the way back we stopped at the Pink Lake, The Pinnacles and Nature's Window.  Fun fact: One member of the party thought that the Pinnacles were kangaroo grave stones and we almost detroyed the hired car going off road to get to Nature's Window.  
Pink is my fave colour

Nature's Window

Me and sissy at the pinnacles

The good, the bad and the ugly

Once back in Perth my dad, sister and I went for a trail ride which was so much fun - the best trail ride I've ever been on!!  I got to ride an ex race horse called Copper and we went for a gallop and small jump - It was the first time I'd been horse riding in ages and I loved it so much! Then before I knew it my mother and sister headed back to Scotland.  
This hat is hot!

 My dad and I then went down to Margaret River for a few days.  We visited the lighthouse where the Southern and Indian oceans meet (Fun Fact: my dad was taking a picture of me with the lighthouse and a snake slithered along the path behind me and instead of warning me he turned and ran leaving me to fend for myself), we explored a cave and (my personal favourite) we discovered Cowaramup!!  Cowaramup was a little town full of fake cows and it was the most random and amazing discovery I've ever made.  I subjected my father to roughly 4 hours of Taylor Swift music on the drive back to my uncle's house and then the day after we got back m grandad flew back to Scotland.  My dad and I spent our last few days in Australia at the zoo and by the pool - the temperature was in the mid 40's, the pool was perfect (except when I got stung by a hornet while I was in the pool!) and I was so upset at the prospect of coming home!  My tan was on point!!  
Happy moooo year
<-Southern Ocean.
Indian Ocean->

At the zooooo

The time came to pack my things, say farewell to my uncle and head to the airport - I had forgotten how much I loved Australia before this holiday and I desperately wanted to stay!  As a wise Canadian has-been(#RudeAndControversial #SorryNelly) once said "All good things come to and end" and this holiday was no exception.  

And just like that it was done - except unlike Rose from Titanic I do have some pictures and it does not exist only in my memory #21stCenturyPerks.


2 comments:

  1. You have made me very jealous, I would love to go to Australia!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Australia is probably the best place I've ever been to! You just instantly feel at home there :)

      Delete