Saturday 28 March 2015

The Eclipse Acorrding To Queen G

Ok so I dont know about you but I'm feeling 22 if someone tells me that there is going to be a once in a life time life changing event happening then I for one am not going to pass up that opportunity! So when news of the eclipse reached me I set my alarm for 6.30am (even though the eclipse wasn't meant to happen until 9am) and I was super excited!  When my alarm went off that morning I decided an eclipse was not actually worth getting out of bed for so i silenced my alarm and rolled over to go back to sleep!  But luckily good old Beth - trusty old Nelly, knocked on my door and gave me the wake up call I needed.  By 7.30 we were ready to see this wonderful extravaganza in the sky but first we needed juice to help us tackle the looming hangover that was set to kick in as soon as we actually sobered up from the nigh before!  We got to Sainbos and found that we were slightly too eager to welcome in the day because Sainsbos wasn't even open yet.  After waiting patiently outside the front doors singing, dancing and having a great time the chirpy staff welcomed us in with open arms, the first customers of the day!  After acquiring some Irn Bru and Pepsi Max B and I walked to Arthur's Seat.  We scaled the side of the mountain, an asthma attack threatening to make an appearance the whole time, and eventually made it safely to the top. 
B in Sainsbos, sunglasses on, ready for the show!
Turns out we may have been a little too excited/raring to go because we were ready for the eclipse about an hour too early.  I took a brief nap in the grass and B played some soothing music - James Morrison I believe.  Unfortunately it became too cold and we couldn't wait it out any longer so we made our way home.
Nothing like a refreshing nap at 8am
On the way home the left over remnants of vodka in B's system told her it would be a great idea to do a round-off back flip type of thing which resulted in a near perfect round off followed by a face of dirt.  B was lying on the cold hard ground, a place all the best people have been.  I was absolutely devastated! As she lay face down not moving I suddenly realised my camera had failed to video the whole thing!!!  B was fine, apart from a bruised ego and grass stained jeans. 
B and Henry the hoover
In the end we joined J and S to watch the eclipse on front of our apartment building and let me tell you this... It was awful! The whole thing happened behind clouds and I did not feel different at all - 0/10 for the eclipse, terrible effort, even 7 year old Taylor Momsen would not have called that a lot of fun!  The sun was fully grown, had a lot of prosthetics and understood all of Jim Carrey's jokes.  A bitter disappointment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment