Sunday 26 April 2015

Underrated Animated Characters

So I love films so much, I like most genres except for sci-fi.  I can't help but feel like some of the characters from my favourite animated movies are extremely underrated.  I mean I love some of the main characters in films as much as the next person but sometimes these characters get so much attention that more minor characters are completely overshadowed.  Here are some of the characters I think are underrated, under appreciated and just not given the love they deserve.

Poor fella
This hungry little dalmation from 101 dalmations.  This little guy is the definition of #relatable always trying to fill a bottomless pit, trying to quench a ruthless hunger, trying to wait for an absolution that would never come.  
And on the subject of 101 dalmations I think it is completely rude, uncouth and proof that theres not much justice in the world that Sergeant Tibbs is not given more credit for single-pawdedly saving 99 dalmation puppies from certain death at the hands of Cruella De Vil... I mean he was a cat, a CAT and he saved 99 puppies, he had 99 problems and they dogs were all of them!
Cat of the year


True Story
The shrimp from Shark Tale.  This little guy's sister died and left him with her baby and then all its arms and legs fell off and hes having to put extra shifts in at work just so he can afford to put food on the table!  Like either this shrimp is a 10/10 kind of guy or he's an incredible liars - either way he is inspirational and he could teach us a lot!



that's beautiful Sarah
Sarah from Horton Hears A Who seems to a little bit of an outsider.  A little too crazy and unpredictable to truly be accepted by her peers makes her a character close to my heart, she also has an amazing imagination and I'd love to visit her world any day!





He never even knew his father
Bruce the shark.  I mean this guy isn't completely underrated, I think most people like Bruce but I don't know if anyone really gave him enough credit!  He literally never knew his father and this has obviously been hard on him, something he could just never quite get over.  Further, he started a group to stop eating fish which would be a hella hard job for a Shark.  He probably had to overcome a lot of teasing and he probably never fit in during his childhood because he was the Shark who wouldn't eat fish.  Either that or he originally ate fish and then some event in his life awoke him and open his eyes to a whole new fishless life.  Either way, good on ya Bruce.

Lol what a joker
The albatross from The Rescuers.  What can I even say?  Like this bird flies the mice from New York to Australia in the second movie!! He has to undergo operations including nearly being operated on by a mouse with a chainsaw annnnnnd hes left to sit on the eagle eggs for like ever! and what appreciation does he get... like none!! He was a good sport

Shut your fat fucking mouth you little shit and show some appreciation

Yeah he took the red one
This guy from Lilo and Stitch doesn't even have a name but in his 5 seconds of fame you can genuinely feel his overwhelming disapointment when Stitch opts to steal the red spaceship rather than the blue one... poor guy!





He wasn't even carrying scissors and hand cream
Mort from Madagascar is picked on time and time again.  Julien didn't want him to come in the airplane so badly that he even told security that Mort was carrying scissors and hand cream in his carry-on!! This was lies!!!!! And then he was chased by a shark - on. dry. land.  And then of course there is the fact that he is just so darn cute!!! Definitely one of the best Madagascar characters, along with that old lady from New York who survived a hit and run and used her patriotism to save herself an the tour group from the wilds of Africa.


I was born in this hole...
This character was so underrated that they didn't even get a proper name but can we all just take a second out of our busy life's to take into consideration how lucky we are.  This poor little underrated hedgehog from Ice Age 2 is being asked to leave her lifelong home because of a meltdown... leading her to have a meltdown of her own!  She was born in that hole and she's going to die in that hole!!  

Just a dinosaur
Then there is that lonely dinosaur Trixie from the last Toy Story film.  She was looking for love in all the wrong places.  I hope she and Rex got together after the films ended and she stopped looking for dinosaurs online. 
Don't dothat to yourself Trixie, you have so much to offer, turn off that computer and go socialize, you'll find someone one day.  I guess I just feel her pain, forever alone.  It's ok Trixie, it's ok.  Maybe dying alone isn't as bad as it's made out to be.....

Woooppeeeeee
And finally, good old Uncle Waldo from The Aristocats - and actually his favourite gooses Abigale and Amelia.  Waldo was nearly cooked and served in a French restaurant and during this order he was not basted but marinated in white wine.  Abigale and Amelia on the other hand take time out of their day to try to help teach a cat how swim.  Uttering one of my favourite lines from the whole film: snip snip, here we go.  They are most definitely a fun filled family that brought a lot to this movie! I would love to know where the night took them after they left the cats.

I could go on and on, on and on but I wont.  That was just a small handful of characters that don't get enough love.  No Disney ride dedicated to Waldo - or any of the Aristocats characters actually, whats with that!!? 
And I'd like to give a little shout out to Mrs Potato head who was so considerate she even remembered to pack Mr Potato head's angry eyes - just in case. To the starfish from Nemo that was sold via Ebay, Mr Smee from Peter Pan... anyway I'll stop.

The moral of the story is love can touch just one time and last for a life time.

xoxo
Queen G  

2 comments:

  1. This was so fun to read! It was like going through all my favourite childhood movies! I love the Rescuers, and it's probably one of my FAVOURITE Disney movies of all time! The Rescuer's is quite an underrated movie in my opinion.

    I also think that Nana from Peter Pan is VERY underrated. I mean - she can serve the kids medicine and stack toy blocks for goodness sake's! Not to mention the fact that she does a better job at looking after three kids than their actual parents.

    Jess
    http://springbaby06.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this! Your posts are so fun and creative!!! I would absolutely love to interview and feature you on my blog, please check this link out! http://waitwhatok.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Curiosity%20Killed%20The%20Cat

    Peace xx

    ReplyDelete