Sunday 24 May 2015

Types of Friends: Part 1 B and L

So this week my timehop app informed me that exactly a year ago I became facebook friends with one of my now best friends C.  This got me thinking about our friendship, and then about my other friends and friendship in general... 

I have 4 best friends: B, C , L and N (in alphabetical order so as to avoid any fighting over who is my number 1 - I'm in very high demand.)  Here is a little about each of them and the different type of friendship each of us have!  I 'll write about B and L in this one and then C and N in the other because it's going to be wayyyyyyy too long for one post.

1: B
Name: B
Age: 19 20
Height: Slightly smaller than me
Spirit Animal: Cougar
Favourite Film: Shrek
We Met: September 2012
























Okay, the story starts like in what I'll estimate to be September 2012.  I have this god awful new class at uni which started with a lecture theater full of dead eyed students fresh into their first year of university and already having major regrets.  I sat somewhere in the middle of the lecture hall resisting the urge to assert my dominance by taking over the top steps of the Met row of seats. 2 hours later we are split into small classes of about 40.  I make my way to the class room where my new class will be, once I get there we were once again split into smaller groups.  The firsts activity of the day was to get to know your group by going round the table and telling the group something about yourself... So I began: Hi I'm G and I am a shark not a mindless eating machine (and don't quote me on this because I legit cannot remember if this was the fun fact I threw in about myself) I went to America during the summer before uni started.  B was next and as it would turn out she was from America!  instantly it was all like "OMG WE HAVE THE SAME SHOES WERE IN THE SAAAAME COUNTRY, WE WERE MEANT TO BE BFFL!."  I began to look forward to this class because I got to hang with B, she turned up to class drunk one time and that was when I knew for sure that she was a fun loving kind of gal.  We met up a few time outside of class with our other friends but unfortunately I was not 18 and couldn't go out clubbing with them (well actually wait for the story about L...)  In second year our worlds imploded and we didn't really see each other at all.  Then one day I heard the song Moonriver playing vaguely in the back of my mind as I was walking down the street, it got louder and louder and when I checked my phone I found out why... It was Audrey singing me home because B and L were asking me to move in with them for third year! 
Third year with B has been the best of the best, we got closer than ever and I guess the kind of friendship we have is one that we just clicked instantly and now she is the friend that I know is up for anything.  If its guaranteed to be fun, crazy and a good story to tell then B will be there.  I mean for example:  we went go on fun adventures to the duck pond, past that bush that looks like Shirley Bassey, we attended Lorde's birthday party, we got stuck up chocolate creek without a popsicle stick... the list goes on but I shall not.

3 words to describe our friendship: Silly, popcorn and (potentially) catastrophic .

2: L 
Name: L
Age: 20
Height: Like Tilda Swinton tall
Spirit animal: Badger (Hufflepuff yo)
Favourite Movie: Titanic
We met: Slightly later in September 2012

  



























So shortly after meeting B my flatmates and I decided to throw a party and I wanted to invite B but she was going home that weekend ( dammit Janet!) But my flatmates knew some of her flatmates and ultimately we invited her whole flat.  Some people I don't associate myself with had told me all these storied about this horrible girl called L who they thought was rude, uncouth and presumptuous (actually they thought she was a real cold heart breaker).  So then a few vodka lemonades into the night L makes an appearance and instantly we hit it off (okay so maybe I don't have that many different ways of making friends, I'm pretty predictable actually I mean we either hit it off instantly and start a 'go hard or go home' intense as fuck friendship or there's like nothing...)  So then I said what about Breakfast At Tiffany's? She said I think I remember the film and as I recall I think we both kind of liked it I've never seen it.  I'll admit, at first I was slightly deterred by this but before long that was all forgotten and we were ready to partyyyyy (for roughly 15 mins before L passed out on my kitchen floor.) Then there was the times I referred to above when we hung out with B and others (spoiler alert: the 'others' was really just 1 other and it was N).  Then one night they were going to go out but I was only 17 (ugh sigh, sigh sigh sigh) then we came up with the genius idea: I would go out with them using L's ID... I got into club number 1 because it had literally 4 other people in it and they were desperate, then we got cocky and headed somewhere more lively and fun... I was rejected instantly because I look nothing like L.  Anyway fast forward to 3rd year because you can fill in the rest of the blanks between 1st and 3rd year with the B stories.  So L and I have a friendship where we can finish each others sandwiches.  We bonded over many a splendid thing such as our shared h2o intolerance, our super obsession with Gossip Girl and the fact that we were both going to write strongly worded letters to White Star Line.  We love nothing more than to watch titanic drunk at 4am and nobody does a pub crawl like and B and S (AKA a G and L) pub crawl. 

3 words to describe our friendship:  Presh, sleepovers and passionate. 

This one time in first year we were cheerleaders together:

  
Our cheer leading
song was I Dont Care
I Love It.

Send out the change of
address cards
because I'm moving
to cloud 9
It was St Patrick's Day



The moral of part 1 of this story is that when you get friendship right it just gets you going and it hits all the right spots!

tbc...

No comments:

Post a Comment