Sunday 24 May 2015

10 Reason Why Spirit Is #Relatable

Boom bitches, I'm back.  So lately B and I have been making our way through our long list of starbuck lovers no I mean ex-lovers ugh third time lucky, our long list of movies we need to watch together.  The last film we watched was Spirit - which for those who haven't seen it I'll just let you know that it really is an emotional roller coaster.  Before watching this film we worried it would fail to meet our high expectations because before Spirit we had watched Shrek 1 and Shrek 2 and lets be real those films really are hard acts to follow!! 

I soon realised that where Spirit is lacking in humour it makes up in relatablitiy and I'll explain why below.

1.  Spirit was born.  I was born (not in a field surrounded by my mothers closest friends but I was born nonetheless)
2. He is the definition of #HairGoals
Because you're worth it

3. Anddddd #eyebrowgoals
Cara DelaNeigh

4. Like any other youngun he has hormonal urges, I mean one look into Rain's eyes and he knew that he wanted her, he wanted all of her, forever, him and Rain, every day.
An apple for the lady

5. He looked longingly out of the train window imagining a sad movie scene playing out on front of him.  Who hasn't done that when a sad song came on while they were travelling.
6. When he thought he saw his eagle friend but it was just a random eagle.  Like we have ALL been there!  Thinking you see someone you know and you wave or say hi or tap on their shoulder... spoiler alert: it's not them!
Okay this eagle was actually his friend but...

7. He appreciated the genious of Bryan Adams, and he protested to his kidnapping whilst listening to the song 'You Cant Take Me I'm Free'.  I think we can all agree that when we were growing up we had (or still have) that song that we feel just gets us, on a spiritual level.
8. He is such a sass monster, a real #lad.  If Spirit was a human he would be a chino wearing, cheeky Nandos eating, T In The Park attending, honda civic driving after 10 Jaegar Bombs (because drink driving just adds to the fun) kind of guy.  I can't say we would get along but I think he would be very attractive and, well I'll move on.
Look Shrek, I'm trottttting

8. He couldn't handle the chain.  His was an actual chain but we all know that one person who tries to be a mad rapper, 2 chainz style.  Man, whatchu gon do? Get out ma grille dawg, you gon call the po po? (I have no idea if that is how they talk, I'm too basic)
9. Also we have all felt at one time or another that everyone expects too much from us, I think Spirit felt like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders and I've been there too my friends, I've been there too!
10. Finally, Spirit had to go through some though ass punishment! 3 days tied to the pole with not food or water, poor thing poor thing! I myself have never been starved by my parents but now that I live on my own on days when the old bank funds are running low and I cant afford to eat I have been able to imagine how Spirit must have felt.
When you try you're best but you don't succeed.


The moral of the story is that life never give's you lemons.  It never gives you anything.  You have to earn things in life, you aren't entitled to no goddamn lemons!!

XOXO
Queen G

2 comments: