Monday 25 May 2015

Is Ed OK?

Okay so if you know me at all then you'll know that I love Ed Westwick so much!  But what used to be feelings of admiration and oh-my-god-I-want-to-marry-you have now turned to feelings of concern and they aren't too far from those of a concerned mother.  You see Ed used to be one of the greats, he was the Jack Dawson, king of the world standing Titanic's bow, of teen dramas.  Ed portrayed Chuck Bass in the CW's Gossip Girl.  Chuck was a boy billionaire who thought of nothing other than himself, sex and money and throughout the 6 years that Gossip Girl reined the small screen Chuck grew and developed as a character (Fun Fact: during this time he undoubtedly fell in love with Leighton Meester but it was an unrequited love, how tragic) .  Chuck was one of the most popular characters from the show and he initiated many young teens sexual awakenings and to this day, largely thanks to Netflix, he continues to be on many youngsters I-would-bang lists.  

So how does the actor who brought thee Chuck Bass to life, a star of such a successful teen drama end up having to send out a change of address card because he's moving away from cloud 9!?  On the surface Ed seems to be doing just fine but let me tell you this he is not.  He is the Ross Geller of fine, and to all you poor unfortunate souls who for whatever godawful reason haven't seen Friends 'Ross Geller fine' is not fine at all!  

Item Number 1
Who posts this type of picture of themselves?

So like Gossip Girl is over, the movie role offers aren't exactly rolling in and you're starting to get a bit nervous about that fact that you perhaps shouldn't have bought Jessica Szoewhogivesacrap that expensive book about how not to cheat on your boyfriend because you're going broke.  I mean I could see how that could do things to a guy but I wouldn't say that setting up an international T-shirt business is the normal, natural response.   And sure the tshirts are for charity and sure it's all fun and games but like the way that Ed promotes them seems a little desperate and a bit like a cry for help.  Almost as if he truly believes that he is Chuck Bass and there is only the one of him swimming around in the sea, desperately looking for Blair Waldorf and wondering why she doesn't call, doesn't write... why she's living with that guy from that show, you know the one, the less extreme Gossip Girl of California.

Item Number 2
"Gotta look where you going" -
Ed Westwick 12 May 2015
So again I would say that really there are two options of what happened here.  Either A) Ed sat on  his phone and made this fun edit of himself or B) He google image searched himself and saved this picture off of the internet.  Next he decided to upload this picture to his Facebook, twitter and instagram pages with the caption which is below.  I mean I don't know if it's meant to be an inspirational quote or some legit life advice.  Personally I think it's a shout out to Adam Brody like either he is saying "yo man I'm coming for you, get away from my girl" or he is saying "one minute you're happily married, living on the upper east side with a child and the next thing you know some punk steals your girl".  I don't even know but it just doesn't seem like the kind of thing you upload of yourself.  Ed, oh ed.

Item Number 3
Are you guys on Twitter?
Find me there @EdWestwick or link in bio
So then Ed uploads this fun selfie because that's what everyone on the brink of a breakdown does.  Oh my life is falling apart, but first let me take a selfie!  Honestly when a screen legend, THE STAR OF CHALET GIRL, needs to beg for followers that's when you know!  I can't even say anything else.  Except at least this proves that, even if only every now and then, Ed knows that he is Ed Westwick and not Chuck Bass.  Because L and I are genuinely concerned that sometimes he struggles to tell what is real and who he really is.





Item Number 4
Thinking...
And finally there is this picture, captioned "Thinking".  And honestly I think this is sort of #relatable because honestly Ed, you got me thinking too.  You got me wondering about what you're thinking, and what you make of what's happening to you.  Are you ok?  

Please call me when you have found yourself, I understand we can't be together just now.  You can't love others until you love yourself.  



I cant help but wonder:  Are Ed's social media accounts being run by 14 year old fan girls?  



The moral of the story is somewhere beyond the sea I'll be waiting for Ed once he is ready to say goodbye to the Bass, the only Bass in the sea according to his Tshirts.
Yes of course I own a tshirt

XOXO
Queen G

1 comment:

  1. I love Ed!!!! I love him so much!
    It's so amazing to find another person who loves him as much as I do!

    Monika | Snaps + Pixels

    ReplyDelete