Monday 15 June 2015

Goodnight, Sweet Prince.

Okay I'm just going to get straight into it today...  So the story I'm going to tell you is a love story.  There was a boy.  There was a girl.  When they first met it was an unrequited love in that she liked him but he didn't seem to feel the same way and then over time her feelings fizzled.  This story however was building up to one significant event like the ship hitting the iceberg in Titanic.  The iceberg of this story was diabetes.  Our leading man got a bad case of the diabetes and this must have put everything into perspective for him because he was able to show his true feelings for our leading lady after the diagnosis.  Things really escalated after the medical diagnosis had planted the seeds of love for them, the love began to blossom and bloom and grow.  Before long there love had reached the maximum level that love could reach and then in a sudden twist of fate our leading man was involved in a hit and run and killed.

Our last Christmas together
This is the story of myself and Harvey, the love of my life (and I'm afraid I may never love again).  So I've already told you all about Harvey before and if you haven't read these posts you should check them out so you know Harvey's full story.  Harvey was more Blair Waldorf at her Yale interview than Serena Van Der Woodsen at hers, he definitley looked more Darth Vadar than Sunshine Barbie.  Our relationship started out with me telling him that when the shipped docked in New York I was going to get off with him and he replied "nah man don't" he didn't wan't to teach me how to spit like a man or ride like a man or chew tobacco like a man... In fact I don't think he even really wanted me to get off of the plane - even if there really was a problem with he left phalange.  One day
Harvey looked a little off, and then a lot of off and then it was time to take him to the vet who
When the love hits you
so hard
diagnosed him with diabetes.  After this Harvey just changed so much.  I think that it may have been because I had saved his life and he was eternally grateful but he also stopped packing his angry eyes and just lived a much happier life after that day.  I began to love Harvey so much and I knew the feeling was most definitely mutual, the mere thought of Harvey made me want to burst into tears because I was overwhelmed with how much I loved this cat, I would pick him up and cradle him like a baby and we would dance around the kitchen in the refrigerator light all the time.  The thought of having to provide a fun fact about myself during 'ice breaker' situations no longer terrified me because I could always just say "I have a diabetic cat who we have to inject with insulin twice a day!".  It's so strange that all of this is now gone.  I had always thought that we would go out together Romeo and Juliet style #MurderSuicide.  It will be strange not having anyone march into the living room meowing loudly to announce their presence every morning when I'm at home; it will be weird not having anyone to carry around the house pretending to be my baby and who will be my dance partner when a slow Taylor Swift song comes on!?  

Some fun facts about Harvey:
1. Once he snuck into the car when my mum was going on holiday up north and she had driven for about 10 minutes before Harvey announced his presence with a loud meow and she had to turn around and drop him back at the house #ClassicHarvey
2. He once bit one of my friends mothers when she was petting him, she acted cool but you could tell she wasn't happy #ClassicHarvey
3. He once tried to jump up onto the windowsill while he was outside, he didn't quite make it though and he hit into the window then recreated the scene from The Lion King when Mufasa was hanging off of the ledge #ClassicHarvey
4. Harvey used to be called Harley with his old owners because he purred so loudly it reminded them of a Harley Davidson motorbike #ClassicHarvey
5. Harvey would drool all over me when he was sleeping/purring on my lap and I found out that the drool was caused by an overload of happiness #ClassicHarvey

Handsome young man

So Harvey we had a great time together; a real sad, beautiful, tragic love affair.  You were a legend, the king of cats, our fearless leader!  I will continue to spread the word of Harvey to the masses and make sure your memory lives on in the minds of others as much as you will live on in my heart.  I love you, I miss you, I'll see you again soon - unless they send diabetics to a different place to the medically fit in which case I'll get Charlotte the lifeguard or one of the other famous diabetics to love and mother you like I used to!

xoxo
Queen G.

Rest in peace to the love of my life.


3 comments:

  1. Aw Harvey is so cute! Sad because I'm allergic to cat's and I can't get one of my own *cries in corner*

    I tagged you to do the Love/Hate tag on my blog :) You don't have to do it but I thought I'd let you know x

    http://springbaby06.blogspot.com.au/2015/06/the-lovehate-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's gorgeous , I'm so sorry he passed away <3

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's gorgeous , I'm so sorry he passed away <3

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    ReplyDelete